October 02, 2009

My Blogging Self-Evaluation: Should I Stop Blogging for Good?



I have started writing this blog since August 10, 2009.  Today is my 53th day of blogging. So far, as you can see on my frontpage, my stats are not quite impressive. As I was typing this very post, my blog's Alexa rank  has reached 7 digits (1,525,118) although actually it is getting higher from time to time.  It was 8 digits when the first time I wrote my first post here (around 12,000,000 or so). My first post was about my favorite American teen series Gossip Girl. When published, this post is going to be my 58th post. Within 53 days blogging, I can post 59 articles for my readers. Quite productive, to be frank. When some other bloggers can only post once in three days or four, I can post three times on the same day. I can be proud of my productivity but that is not what I am going to talk about here. Occasionaly, I ask myself by heart "Is my productivity  futile without any visitors leaving comments, or this productivity will somehow pay someday?"

The problem however is I only have got four followers up to this second, no single feed burner reader, and the other miserably pathetic details of stats I do not have to elaborate. It is definitely not something to be proud of.I know it is so easy for people reading this post to comment on how weak my determination is as a blogger. But seriously, I suppose there are lots of bloggers , especially those who just began their blogging journey, who feel the same way too. And I bet those famous and professional blogger used to go through this phase as well in the beginning of their blogging career.

I am fully aware of how green I am as a blogger at the moment. I just began to develop and I am of course not going down without a fight. I really hope I can never plan to write my last post. Because when I plan to write my last post, I stop being a blogger and that would be a betrayal for my own ambition I set a couple of months ago. As long as I live, I wish I would be a blogger. Yeah, becoming and being a blogger once and for all. So no matter how rocky the road is, no matter how steep the climbing is now or is going to be later, I will stick to my goals. And how long I can stick to it, only time will tell.

And to answer my own question title, absolutely I should NOT stop blogging! I feel like blogging is part of me and blogging is my channel for self actualization. It is fun,  awesomely hip, unexpectedly cool and thoroughly rewarding in so many aspects.

What makes me stay determined is that we - Indonesian bloggers- are going to celebrate our Bloggers National Day on October 27. And it is such a divine coincidence that my birthday is on the same day!
I love blogging and being a blogger! Bravo!

4 comments:

  1. hmm. . that's the matter, attractive blog. i'm preparing pc driver test result, it's nearly complete. i'll post it as soon as possible. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning brother, I'll feel so sad if you're thinking to stop blogging. Please, you're one of my best friends. Don't give up... bro..

    I can see that your blog have goog theme now... nice looking :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go on my best teacher..we need a process. "Success will come if we do really really really well" Mr Heppy Trenggrono said

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're doing well ..
    you'd better change the way you think .. don't think anything, just thing blogging is a way to express yourself .. don't make it as a burden..
    keep the spirit .. ok ?!

    Cara Membuat Website

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, folks!