November 01, 2009

My Pagerank: Why I can't Care Less


In the end of last month Nyubi -some fellow blogger I discovered on Blogger Indonesia- told me my pagerank had gone up. Filled with disbelief, I tried to check on the validity of his seemingly great news. The following morning I wishfully thought it was true. But well... I had to  dispel that wishful thinking as the news was utterly wrong. I have no hard feeling about it. It's completely fine.

Apart from my disappointment, I tried to ask myself the question; "Why should you care about your pagerank?". Call me naive, but for now, yes FOR NOW, I have no idea why I must care about this. What I've learned so far is that blogging is about actualizing myself. And like what I said in my new tagline, blogging is my second religion. I'll write no matter what happens, whether my pagerank is going up or down, skyrocketing or plummeting, or even stays the same from time to time.


To me, pagerank is merely an attribute. It's like attire, clothes, things we wear. It's significant but never let it define who you are. I can get the highest pagerank that every blogger always dreams of but I think there are many other more important, noble and essential  lessons that a blogger should learn other than pursuing higher pagerank, improving Alexa rank, practicing tricks for SEO purpose or ....ughh whatever. 


After blogging for about two months and a half, I've already befriended a bunch of really really nice, kind-hearted fellow bloggers like Bunda, Dudi, Zippy, PuarambeAbidChes and many others (sorry guys, I can't enumerate all of your names). They come from various backgrounds, cultures, places, and so on, which I never imagined to have or to think of before. The point is  friendship. I make lots of friends and though they're virtual friends that I've never met up to this very second but I feel like I know them in person since the minute I visited his/her blog. Because exploring someone's blog is simply like observing one's personality. That's why I could say each blog we build represents our personality. Eyes are windows to a person's soul (that sounds so yesterday, entirely hackneyed) but nowadays in the web 2.0 era, blogs are windows to a blogger's soul.


Exchanging ideas and opinions is another enjoyment I can have from blogging. I suppose blogging serves as an efficient tool to expose what we have in mind to the world, to other people. And to know that our article that we have composed so hard is commented by other people, even it's only one visitor leaving comment on our comment box, might make you fly to seventh heaven (it holds true especially when we're a novice having a blog with so little traffic and very few visitors). The next valuable thing I get from blogging, therefore, is self-actualization as we're (relatively) free to speak our mind.


And one more thing is patience. This is the hardest subject I've got to learn since the first day I started writing a blog. Bloggers may have different blogging purposes in their head but no sane bloggers on the planet can resist the temptation of becoming a successful, famous and prosperous blogger, just like Darren Rowse. But I'm convinced with constant perseverance and unwavering sincerity I can build a great blog attracting more and more visitors, increasingly higher traffic, etc.


Like Shakespeare saying, 'What is a name?", I'd say a rose is still red (we're talking about typical roses here) although everyone calls it jasmine or Rafflesia Arnoldi. So ladies and gentlemen, allow me to say, "What is a pagerank?"? A blogger is still able to blog  and benefits others even though his/her pagerank is as low as the round zero or as high as ten.

9 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading here because your English is very cool. Two thumbs up! But could you please change the font size as it's been hurting my eyes? Sorry but it's too small for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ches: I just edited this post and all of a sudden you came along..Listen bro, sorry if the font is too small, I'll fix that..I'll make it as big as letters on banners, ok? ^_^ so your eyes will not complain

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had not thought about pagerank.
    But now, honestly it became my reference in doing business online :D
    Oh .. yes, thank you already consider me as your best friend.
    Maybe someday we can meet in the real world, not only in cyberspace :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @zippy: I know we have slightly different opinions about this PR issue. You want higher Alexa rank and PR as u need them to boost your business. I fully understand that. Good luck with the online business you're running, bro.
    Yeah..you're one of my best blogging pals, and I added your link there just because I want my readers to know a cute and narcissist blogger called Zippy and his glaring green blog :) not because I want you to link me back, to be perfectly honest. Friendship is worth more than backlink.For me, friends are everything; while fame, bucks, baclink, high alexa rank and PR are just bonuses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. some of our friends have different opinion about Google PR.
    just like you, i don't care and don't understand about the PR at all, i just do blogging because i like writing .
    tahnk you for being consider me as your friend.
    best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi.. akhlis, sorry for that mistake. That time, it was shown on my toolbar. Hmm.. i didn't mean to say crap with you. Forgive me bro :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @nyubi: hey,chill out. I said it's fine ^_^ Look..your mistake gave me a cool idea to write such a long post like this. I should be grateful not hateful..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think page rank is important if you want to rank higher in search engines, but it doesn't determine the quality of blogging or something else.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,oscar. Thought this must be your first visit, flattered to have you commenting here..You're absolutely right ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, folks!