September 02, 2009

SUDDENLY MY HOMETOWN’S MORE FAMOUS THAN EVER…

It’s not a surprise to read some piece of local news on local newspapers that mentions Kudus as its background or crime scene. Today is however quite different . What a real surprise to read one of the bold printed headlines on the frontmost page of a local newspaper - wawasan-my father subscribes to. It read there “Warga Kudus dan Kendal jadi DPO Densus”. While I was dropping my jaw, I scrutinized the whole news fervently and found some shocking facts. What the hell is this???

I know now why some people say “you’ll never believe in something until it happens before your eyes”! How on earth is there a suspect of terrorist coming from this so-called religious, tranquil town like Kudus? An unbelievably bitter fact, if the police’s allegation is true.

The wanted culprit is Bagus Budi Pranoto, aged 31. Like other terrorists fugitive chase classic stories, the suspect was known as a decent man, having no flaws as a society member. Pranoto’s childhood pal, Mbarsidi, remembered Pranoto as a student with a relatively nice personality and an easy learner. There was no indication of mischief or any deviant behaviors or way of thinking. Therefore, the whole neighborhood is wondering and guessing whether the allegation is true or not.

 

Bagus was raised by his parents at a village called Mijen (which is only a few kilometers from my seat where I’m typing this post now!). He was known as a recidivist as years before he was detained for being accused of concealing Dr. Azhari and Noordin (our most frequently mentioned man in Indonesia these days).

 

Isman, Pranoto’s father was continually complaining about the accusation effect on his family members. As a parent, Isman naturally wanted the negation for his dear son’s involvement in a series of terror actions and plans thus far. He doesn’t see his son quite often as Pranoto is living somewhere out of town and married a Solo origin woman who usually wears chador.
Suddenly…I feel like I could sense and feel the breath of terror phantom nearer than I thought before. So a tickling question crossed in my mind, “Has Noordin M. Top once passed me somewhere but I wasn’t completely aware of?” Hmmm…wish I could run into him again and report his whereabout so I could win the prize the police have promised!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think, folks!