September 02, 2009

LESSON TO LEARN FROM SPONGEBOB

I don’t care about being 26 and still have an urge to watch Spongebob the most ridiculous nautical creature series, but it’s true i watch it everyday and still can learn lots of lessons by laughing to tears.

 

In this episode I watched the yellow protagonist was on his way to watch Squidward’s solo performance. Spongebob was so eager to watch his best pal (though Squidward doesn’t think the same) playing clarinet on stage. The clarinet, sadly, was kind of broken just right before the performance. Squidward, as usual, was terribly frantic and nervous about what to do. He always wanted everything to go smoothly, and you know how annoyingly perfectinist he can be. Somehow Spongebob came along and got an idea to fix the ill-fated clarinet, and it did work. Poor for the helpful Spongebob, Squidward left him outside and ignored him completely. Spongebob forgot bringing the ticket along so he couldn’t get in to watch the mediocre clarinet player. As Spongebob got the seat somehow, the show was over. Spongebob suddenly cried as he felt like he couldn’t content his disappointment which had reached its peak. Squidward then soothed his friend hurt feeling by telling him the show wasn’t a success and Squidward couldn’t perform well without Spongebob immediate help. Soon after, Spongebob knew he’d done lots of good deed. And it wasn’t about what he can get from his buddies but what he can give to his buddies.

 

Then I finally realized how wise this cartoon series can be. I got a pal, who seemed to never do me a favor. Rather, it’s me who always lends him a hand. One day I got stressed out and he asked for my help but my anger couldn’t tolerate it anymore. I finally lost my temper and broke the wall of patience. I scolded him not to bother me again as I got so sick with him and his perpetual requests of help. And now I regretted that a bit. I should’ve been treated him better but….I didn’t. Now I know the more we give, the more we accept. The common problem is we are ignorant of the numerous, innumerable rewards we accept, thinking that the rewards won’t come, but actually they are overflowing us but we don’t know…..So, have more friends who can remind you of the blessing feature of helping others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think, folks!