September 17, 2009

Monetizing Your English Grammar and Writing Skills


When someone is pretty much dissatisfied with their current income or just finds himself sacked owing to the crisis, the idea of getting a side job is naturally tempting. No one can resist extra income, can they?
What I'm trying to write is my own personal experience about how to make some money from my writing skills.
Just several days ago, I stumbled upon a site which is aimed at providing a virtual hub of freelance jobs. It was such a divine coincidence as I was also looking for a job that is relatively easy to get. And freelance job sounded like a perfect answer to my prayer. No complicated recruitment process, no applying. What I need to do is just sign up. Signing up enables us to bid any freelance posted jobs on the site. Promote ourselves, fix a decent service rate, and if you're lucky, you'll get some hirers trying to employ you. But of course, we have to determine what kind of expertise we have. I chose writing, blogging, copywriting, translating as my areas of expertise. That simple.
Now I'm engaged in a article writing job. I'll get paid $2.5 per article I manage to make. and that was just a starting price. I am promised to get paid more in case I can improve my quality in the future.  I just started and don't really enjoy the financial benefit yet as this is my debut work.
Hope I can make considerable sum of money by doing this! Dreaming of purchasing a new laptop!

2 comments:

  1. Why u don't put adsense in here, i think it could earnmoney for u.. trust me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the fabulous idea...but how? It's not because I won't but I can't. The last time I applied for it to Google admin, they turned my application down the next day I sent it. So embarassing...But I have no idea if my improving blog traffic can really change the thing

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think, folks!